Enter For a Chance to Win $2,500 and a POPSUGAR Must Have Box featuring Disney's Aladdin ("Official Rules")
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN; A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH GOVERN YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND TO RECEIVE MARKETING MATERIALS FROM POPSUGAR INC. ("SPONSOR"). YOU ALSO REPRESENT THAT YOU MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS BELOW.
The Sweepstakes is sponsored by POPSUGAR Inc., located at 111 Sutter Street, 16th Floor, San Francisco, California 94104. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law, or where bonding, registration, or other requirements have not been met. Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
1. Eligibility Requirements: The Sweepstakes is open to individuals legally residing in the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, aged 18 or over, who meet their jurisdiction's minimum age requirement. Sponsor's and Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc. ("Prize Provider") employees and agents, and other persons professionally associated with the Sweepstakes, including each of their immediate family and household members, are not eligible. Winner(s) may be required to furnish proof of identity, address, and age to receive a prize.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on August 29, 2019 at 10:00 AM Pacific Time and ends on September 13, 2019 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Entries received prior to or following the Sweepstakes Period will be disqualified, except the entries received by physical mail may be received as indicated below. The Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. Entry: You may enter the Sweepstakes on Instagram or by mail during the Sweepstakes Period as described below:
To enter the Sweepstakes on Instagram, a) Follow POPSUGAR Must Have (@popsugarmh) and Disney's Aladdin (@DisneyAladdin) on Instagram; b) Post a comment sharing your idea of what's special about friendship on the Sweepstakes Instagram post; and c) Include the required hashtag in your comment: #PSAladdinSweepstakes.
Alternatively, you may enter by mailing your name and address to POPSUGAR Inc., 111 Sutter Street, 16th Floor, San Francisco, California 94104, Attn: Enter For a Chance to Win $2,500 and a POPSUGAR Must Have Box featuring Disney's Aladdin. Mailed entries must be postmarked no later than September 13, 2019 and received no later than September 17, 2019. Mechanically reproduced or pre-printed entries or mailing labels will not be accepted.
Submissions must not: (a) contain any audio; (b) contain or depict illicit drugs, hard liquor or alcohol of any kind, tobacco or individuals smoking or otherwise under the influence of drugs or alcohol; (c) violate or infringe any third party's rights, including without limitation, intellectual property rights and/or rights of privacy and/or publicity; (d) contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; (e) contain any unacceptable clothing or adornments, nor display any commercial and/or corporate advertising unrelated to Disney's Aladdin; (f) contain any indecent or unsafe behavior or situations, profanities or obscenities, including without limitation, nudity, pornography or content that is otherwise inappropriate, indecent, profane, obscene, hateful, tortuous, slanderous or libelous; (g) reference persons or organizations without such persons' or organizations' written authorization; (h) disparage any persons or organizations; (i) include threats to any person, place, business or group, or contain or depict graphic violence or real world guns and/or bullets; (j) be unlawful and/or in violation of or contrary to any applicable federal, provincial, state and/or local laws, rules and/or regulations; (k) otherwise violate these Official Rules or the POPSUGAR Terms and Conditions https://www.popsugar.com/tos; and/or (l) otherwise be inappropriate, objectionable or unsuitable for the uses contemplated in these Official Rules.
4. Odds: Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
5. Entry Limit: Limit one (1) entry per person, per Instagram account/mail-in entry. You may not use multiple means of entry (e.g., multiple Instagram accounts or mailing addresses) to circumvent the entry limit.
6. Prize(s): Nineteen (19) confirmed First Prize winners will each receive one (1) POPSUGAR Must Have Box featuring Disney's Aladdin, each valued at approximately one hundred and ten U.S. dollars and ninety-five cents ($110.95 USD). Exact contents of the box to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. One (1) additional confirmed Grand Prize winner will receive: (a) one (1) POPSUGAR Must Have Box featuring Disney's Aladdin, valued at approximately one hundred and ten U.S. dollars and ninety-five cents ($110.95 USD) (exact contents of the box to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); and (b) one (1) or more check(s) (to be issued by Sponsor at its sole discretion) with a total amount of two thousand five hundred U.S. dollars ($2,500 USD).
All prizes to be distributed to the First Prize winners and the Grand Prize winner are referred to herein collectively as the "Prize(s)". Prizes delivered via post must be delivered to a valid U.S. address.
Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of all Prizes being awarded: four thousand seven hundred and nineteen U.S. dollars ($4,719 USD). The ARV represents Sponsor's good-faith determination of the approximate retail value of the Prizes in U.S. dollars, and may differ from the actual fair market value. The actual fair market value is determined by Sponsor, is final and binding, and may not be challenged or appealed. If the ARV of a Prize exceeds the actual fair market value of the Prize, the difference will not be awarded to winner in cash or otherwise.
There is no cash alternative for the Prize, in whole or in part. The Prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. No compensation, refunds, or alternatives will be offered due to a winner's inability to attend, claim, or use the Prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value for any Prize. All Prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received. In no event shall the Sponsor be obligated to award more prizes than the number of Prize(s) stated in these Official Rules.
7. Winner Selection: On or about September 18, 2019, Sponsor will use a computer-generated randomizer to select twenty (20) winners (19 First Prize winners and 1 Grand Prize winner) from the entries received during the Sweepstakes Period (or, for mail entries, received by the date indicated above). If there is a dispute regarding the identity of the winner, the registered account holder of the Instagram account used to submit the winning entry, or for mail-in entries, the person who can demonstrate that the name submitted in the entry is their legal name and that they live at the address submitted in the entry, will be deemed the winner, subject to such owner's compliance with the Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to deliver Prize(s) to the email or mailing address supplied by the winner at the time of entry.
8. Winner Notification and Acceptance Requirements: Sponsor will contact winner(s) on or around September 20, 2019 by direct message to the Instagram account used by winner(s) to enter, or, for entries received by mail, the mailing address. Sponsor is not liable for a winner's failure or inability to receive communications sent by Sponsor to the contact information provided. To receive the Prize, the winner must: (a) respond to Sponsor within three (3) business days of initial contact to confirm eligibility; and (b) sign and return an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, IRS Form W-9 (if requested), and liability and publicity release (together, "Winner Paperwork") to Sponsor within three (3) business days of Sponsor's delivery.
A winner may be disqualified for: failure to timely respond to Sponsor's notification, failure to timely complete and return the Winner Paperwork, failure to meet the Eligibility Requirements at the time of entry, failure to comply with the Official Rules, and/or failure to comply with applicable laws and regulations, each as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion. All winner privileges shall immediately terminate upon disqualification. If a winner is disqualified, Sponsor may select an alternative winner (up to a maximum of two alternates). No alternate winner will be drawn if a Prize is time-sensitive.
Normal time, toll, connection, and usage rates charged by your Internet Service Provider may apply. Winner(s) are responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes on the value of the Prize. Winner(s) may receive from IRS form 1099-MISC at the end of the calendar year, a copy of which form will also be filed with the Internal Revenue Service.
Unless prohibited by applicable law, winner's acceptance of a Prize constitutes winner's irrevocable permission for Sponsor and Prize Provider to use winner's name, address, biographical information, likeness, and testimonial for advertising or publicity purposes regarding the Sweepstakes, on a worldwide basis and in all forms of media known or unknown, without further compensation.
9. Ownership of Submissions as Works Made for Hire. By submitting an entry in connection with the Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees that any such submissions will be deemed to be "works made for hire" and will be owned by Prize Provider, provided that in the event and to the extent that such submissions are determined not to constitute "works made for hire" as a matter of law, Entrant hereby irrevocably assigns and transfers such property, and all right, title and interest therein, including patents and copyrights, to Prize Provider and its successors and assigns. Entrant further grants to Prize Provider all rights, including, without limitation, moral rights, worldwide with respect to such submissions.
10. General Terms: Sponsor may disqualify any individual or void any entry if the entrant corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. This includes, for example, the use of computer 'script,' 'macro,' or 'brute force,' masking identities by manipulating IP addresses, or using any automated means to enter the Sweepstakes.
Sponsor may disqualify any individual or void any entry if the entrant uses a username or email address that belongs to or is already being used by another person, whether actual or fictitious, that may be interpreted as impersonating another person, or violating the rights of any person.
Incomplete, illegal, misdirected, untimely, or invalid entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending is not proof of delivery. Releasees (defined below) take no responsibility for delayed, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, misdirected, damaged, or lost entries due to technical reasons or otherwise.
If the Sweepstakes cannot be run or be administered as planned, for reasons outside of Sponsor's control, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) by posting a notice on the Sweepstakes entry page. Sponsor further reserves the right to modify, cancel, or suspend the Sweepstakes if Sponsor believes doing so is necessary to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes or fairness to entrants. Sponsor will not be liable for a delay or failure to perform its obligations if caused by an act, omission, event, or circumstance beyond Sponsor's reasonable control.
This Sweepstakes is governed by California law. By entering, you irrevocably consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in San Francisco, California for any dispute arising from or relating to this Sweepstakes; provided that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the intellectual property of Prize Provider, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California and in the event of any dispute, all entrants irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Los Angeles, California to resolve such disputes.
12. Risks; Warranties; Release of Claims: Your participation in the Sweepstakes is at your own risk. Releasees (defined below) do not make, and hereby disclaim, all implied warranties of any kind relating to the Prize, including warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability, and noninfringement, or any representations regarding the function or operation of the Prize.
By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and Prize Provider, and each of their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors (collectively, the "Releasees") from all claims, demands and causes of action of any nature whatsoever that you or your heirs, representatives, executors, administrators or any other persons acting on behalf of such your estate have or may have by reason of: (a) Sponsor's or Prize Provider's exercise of any rights granted by you pursuant to these Official Rules; or (b) any actual or alleged violation of such your right of publicity or right of personality, infringement of copyright or trademark, libel, slander, defamation, invasion of privacy, loss of earnings or potential earnings in connection with Prize Provider's use of such Entrant's submission or any portion thereof. You further agree to release any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage directly or indirectly relating to (i) the provision, hosting, sponsorship, administration, suspension, or cancellation of the Sweepstakes, (ii) a person's ability or inability to enter or participate in the Sweepstakes, including those arising from technical failures, third-party telecommunication outages, or other force majeure events, (iii) any determination of disqualification or other decision made by Sponsor in its sole discretion, (iv) your ability to win, claim, or use a Prize, or to otherwise participate in any activity relating to the Sweepstakes, (v) the Prize itself, or your use or misuse of a Prize, and/or (vi) electronic or human error, or events arising from the simple negligence of one or more Releasees.
You further agree to expressly and forever waive all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California ("Section 1542") (or any similar law applicable to your jurisdiction) which reads: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM/HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS/HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
13. Third Party Platforms: If this Sweepstakes is hosted, administered, or operated on a third party platform, including without limitation social media platforms (e.g. Facebook or Instagram) (the "Third Party Platform"), then by participating in this Sweepstakes, you hereby release and hold harmless such Third Party Platform from all claims, responsibility, and liability relating to the Sweepstakes. Unless otherwise stated in these Official Rules, this Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, any Third Party Platform.
14. Winner Publication: The first name, last name, and state of residency for confirmed winner(s) will be available upon written request to the Sponsor at the address below, for two (2) years following the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
Sponsor: POPSUGAR Inc., 111 Sutter Street, 16th Floor San Francisco, California 94104.