Henri Bendel Sweepstakes – Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR WHERE BONDING, REGISTRATION, OR OTHER REQUIREMENTS EXIST BUT HAVE NOT BEEN MET. BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT—READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES A RELEASE FROM YOU, AND A LIMITATION OF CERTAIN OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1. The "Henri Bendel Sweepstakes" (the "Sweepstakes") is sponsored by POPSUGAR Inc., having a corporate address of 111 Sutter Street, 14th Floor, San Francisco, California 94104, and by Henri Bendel, Inc., a subsidiary of Limited Brands, Inc., having a corporate address of Three Limited Parkway, Columbus, OH 43230 ("Co-Sponsor") (collectively, the "Sponsor"). Entrant's ("your," "you," or "entrant") entry and participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to theses Official Rules ("Rules"). The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
2. This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents physically residing in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, aged 18 or over, or who meet the relevant jurisdiction's minimum age requirement, excluding employees of Sponsor and their immediate families, household members, agents or anyone else professionally connected with this Sweepstakes. Winner may be required to furnish proof of identity, address, and birth date in order to receive a prize.
3. Sweepstakes Period: The Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
Event Timeline Pacific Standard Time (PST)
Start of Sweepstakes: FRIDAY, JULY 17, 2015, 12:00 PM
End of Sweepstakes: FRIDAY, JULY 31, 2015, 23:59 PM
4. Entry: To enter, go to POPSUGAR Must Have (http://musthave.popsugar.com/Henri-Bendel-2000-Shopping-Spree-37804665) and complete the following during the Sweepstakes Period, in order to be entered into the Sweepstakes:
a. First Name;
b. Last Name;
c. Email Address; and
d. Zip Code
You may also enter by mailing your first name, last name, mailing address, and email address to POPSUGAR Inc., 111 Sutter Street, 14th Floor, San Francisco, California 94104, Attn: Henri Bendel Sweepstakes. To be considered eligible for the Sweepstakes, entries must be received no later than WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 5, 2015.
5. By entering this Sweepstakes you agree to be bound by these Rules.
6. Maximum of one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes per person, per household, and per email address.
7. No purchase is necessary to participate in this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning will depend on how many entries are received.
8. Prize: One Grand Prize winner will receive a $2,000 Henri Bendel Gift Card for a total retail value of Two Thousand ($2,000) USD (the "Prize"). Prize will be delivered to confirmed winner(s) to a valid U.S. address. The value of the gift card is less any applicable activation, transaction, or maintenance fees and subject to certain fees, terms, conditions, and restrictions, which will be disclosed on the gift card. Sponsor is not responsible if the gift card is lost, stolen, destroyed, or used without permission, and the gift card will not be replaced. Prize cannot be used to purchase gift cards, as payment on a prior purchase, or to make a Henri Bendel credit card payment. There is no cash alternative in whole or in part for the Prize, and the Prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. There will be no refund or cash redemption for unused portions of the Prize. No compensation or alternative to the Prize will be offered due to inability to claim or use the Prize or due to any delay on the part of the winner(s); provided, however that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value for any Prize. In no event shall the Sponsor be obligated to award more prizes than the number of Prize(s) stated in these Rules.
9. Winner Selection: After the Sweepstakes Period, one (1) winner will be selected at random by a computer-generated randomizer from all valid entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Winner(s) shall be the person whose email account was used to submit the winning entry into the Sweepstakes, and an entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the person in whose name the email account is registered. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Sponsor reserves the right to deliver Prize(s) directly to the email and/or mailing address provided by an entrant in his or her entry to the Sweepstakes.
10. Winner Notification: The winner(s) will be contacted by email after the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Each winner will be required to do the following as qualifying criteria of the Sweepstakes that must be met in order to receive the Prize: (a) respond to Sponsor within five (5) business days of initial contact to confirm eligibility; and (b) sign an affidavit or declaration of eligibility and liability and publicity release form and return it to Sponsor within five (5) business days. If winner fails to respond to Sponsor's notification, fails to complete the forms as indicated herein, or fails to meet the qualifying criteria listed above, such winner may be disqualified and an alternative winner may be selected, up to three times. Other restrictions may apply, and an entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes if he or she fails to comply with any provision of these Rules, as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion.
11. Winner shall be responsible and liable for all federal, state, and local taxes on the value of their prize. If required by Sponsor, the winner must complete and return to Sponsor an IRS Form W-9 that reflects each winner's Taxpayer Identification Number or Social Security Number. The winner may receive from Sponsor an IRS form 1099-MISC at the end of the calendar year, and a copy of such form will also be filed with the Internal Revenue Service.
13. Unless prohibited by applicable law, the acceptance of the Prize by winner constitutes the winner's permission for Sponsor to use winner's name, hometown, biographical information, and testimonials for advertising and/or publicity purposes in connection with this Sweepstakes only, worldwide, and in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, and without further compensation.
14. Winner List: The name and hometown of the confirmed winner will be available for two (2) years after the end of the Entry Period by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the POPSUGAR Inc. address at the end of these terms. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
15. Normal time, toll, connection, and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet Service Provider may apply.
17. This Sweepstakes is not endorsed by, administered or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram (collectively, the "Social Media Company"). Entrants hereby release each Social Media Company from all responsibility and liability in respect of the Sweepstakes.
18. Incomplete, illegal, misdirected or late entries, or entries not in accordance with these Rules, will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. Releasees (defined below) take no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, misdirected, damaged or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
19. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual or void any entry or Prize award to any entrant who corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes or is otherwise in violation of any law or of these Rules. This includes, for example, the use of computer 'script,' 'macro,' or 'brute force,' masking identities by manipulating IP addresses, or using any automated means in order to increase entries into the Sweepstakes in a manner that is not consistent with the spirit of the Sweepstakes.
20. If, for the reasons set forth in Section 18, or other reasons outside the reasonable control of the Sponsor, the Sweepstakes cannot be run or administered as planned, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (subject to any written directions given under applicable law), and Sponsor shall post a notice on the Sweepstakes entry page to such effect. Sponsor further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, or suspend this Sweepstakes for any reason that Sponsor believes in good faith is fair to the entrants.
21. Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Sweepstakes. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor and which prevents the Sponsor from complying with these Rules, the Sponsor will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
22. Participation in the Sweepstakes is at entrant's own risk. By receipt of any Prize, the applicable winner agrees to indemnify, release, reimburse, and hold harmless Sponsor, Social Media Company and each of their respective partners, subsidiaries, affiliated entities, employees, directors, officers, agents, or representatives (collectively, "Releasees") from any liability resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize or participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activities to the extent permitted by law.
23. Releasees do not make any, and hereby disclaim any and all, representations or warranties of any kind regarding any Prize, including any warranty of fitness or merchantability, or representation with respect to the function or operation of the Prize.
24. Releasees shall not be liable for any electronic miscommunications or failures, nor technical hardware or software failures of any kind with respect to the Prize or the Sweepstakes.
25. Entrants shall understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California ("Section 1542") and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that they may have with respect to the release provisions herein are hereby expressly and forever waived. A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM/HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS/HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
26. Entrant(s) and winner have been given a full opportunity to review and analyze these Rules and fully and completely understand all of the terms of these Rules. Entrant(s) and winner acknowledge and agree that this is a complete RELEASE and DISCHARGE of all claims and rights against the Releasees, and that no action will be taken by or on behalf with respect to any such claims or rights, it being understood that this release shall be binding upon entrant(s)' and/or winner's heirs, executors, and administrators, and anyone claiming by or through entrant(s) or winner.
27. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate state or federal court of San Francisco, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' or legal fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of California, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California, U.S.A.
Sponsor: POPSUGAR Inc., having a corporate address of 111 Sutter Street, 14th Floor, San Francisco, California 94104, and Henri Bendel, Inc., a subsidiary of Limited Brands, Inc., having a corporate address of Three Limited Parkway, Columbus, OH 43230.