Enter For a Chance to Experience the Ultimate Summer Road Trip ("Official Rules")
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN; A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH GOVERN YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND TO RECEIVE MARKETING MATERIALS FROM POPSUGAR INC. ("SPONSOR") AND MICHELIN NORTH AMERICA, INC. (THE "SWEEPSTAKES PARTNER"). YOU ALSO REPRESENT THAT YOU MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS BELOW.
The Sweepstakes is sponsored by POPSUGAR Inc., located at 111 Sutter Street, 16th Floor, San Francisco, California 94104. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law, or where bonding, registration, or other requirements have not been met. Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
1. Eligibility Requirements: The Sweepstakes is open to individuals legally residing in the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, aged 18 or over, who meet their jurisdiction's minimum age requirement. Employees and agents of any of Sponsor, and Sweepstakes Partners' employees and agents, and other persons professionally associated with the Sweepstakes, including each of their immediate family and household members, are not eligible. Winner(s) may be required to furnish proof of identity, address, and age to receive a prize.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on August 5, 2019 at 12:00 AM Pacific Time and ends on September 3, 2019 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Entries received prior to or following the Sweepstakes Period will be disqualified, except the entries received by physical mail may be received as indicated below. The Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. Entry: To enter the Sweepstakes, visit https://mhblog.popsugar.com/46325994 and provide the following information during the Sweepstakes Period:
a. First and Last Name
b. Email Address
You may also enter by mailing your name and address to POPSUGAR Inc., 111 Sutter Street, 16th Floor, San Francisco, California 94104, Attn: Enter For a Chance to Experience the Ultimate Summer Road Trip. Mailed entries must be postmarked by or before September 3, 2019 and received no later than September 5, 2019. Mechanically reproduced or pre-printed entries or mailing labels will not be accepted.
4. Odds: Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
5. Entry Limit: Limit one (1) entry per person, per email account/mail-in entry. You may not use multiple means of entry (e.g., multiple email accounts) to circumvent the entry limit.
6. Prize(s): Nine hundred and ninety-nine (999) confirmed First Prize winners will each receive one (1) POPSUGAR Must Have x Michelin Box, each with an approximate value of seventy U.S. dollars ($70 USD) (exact contents of the box to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). One (1) confirmed Grand Prize winner will receive: (a) one (1) set of four (4) Michelin® tires with a total approximate value of one thousand two hundred U.S. dollars ($1,200 USD); (b) one (1) or more Visa® Gift Card(s) with a total approximate value of one thousand three hundred U.S. dollars ($1,300 USD); and (c) one (1) POPSUGAR Must Have x Michelin Box, each with an approximate value of seventy U.S. dollars ($70 USD) (exact contents of the box to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). All prizes to be distributed to the First Prize winners and the Grand Prize winner are referred to herein collectively as the "Prize(s)". Prizes delivered via post must be delivered to a valid U.S. address.
Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of all Prizes being awarded: Seventy-two thousand five hundred U.S. dollars ($72,500 USD). The ARV represents Sponsor's good-faith determination of the approximate retail value of the Prizes in U.S. dollars, and may differ from the actual fair market value. The actual fair market value is determined by Sponsor, is final and binding, and may not be challenged or appealed. If the ARV of a Prize exceeds the actual fair market value of the Prize, the difference will not be awarded to winner in cash or otherwise.
Gift cards, certificates, credits, or coupons (the "Gift Card") values are less any applicable activation, transaction, or maintenance fees and subject to the terms, conditions, and restrictions disclosed on the Gift Card, including any stated expiration dates. Multiple Gift Cards may be issued in connection with fulfilling the Gift Card portion of the Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for, and will not replace, any lost, stolen, destroyed, or expired Gift Cards, or Gift Cards used without winner's permission. VISA® entities have not sponsored this Sweepstakes in any way.
There is no cash alternative for the Prize, in whole or in part. The Prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. No compensation, refunds, or alternatives will be offered due to a winner's inability to attend, claim, or use the Prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value for any Prize. All Prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received. In no event shall the Sponsor be obligated to award more prizes than the number of Prize(s) stated in these Official Rules.
7. Winner Selection: On or about September 6, 2019, Sponsor will use a computer-generated randomizer to select one thousand and one (1,001) winners (1,000 First Prize winners and 1 Grand Prize winner) from the entries received during the Sweepstakes Period (or, for mail entries, received by the date indicated above). If there is a dispute regarding the identity of the winner, the registered account holder of the email account used to submit the winning entry, or for mail-in entries, the person who can demonstrate that the name submitted in the entry is their legal name and that they live at the address submitted in the entry, will be deemed the winner, subject to such owner's compliance with the Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to deliver Prize(s) to the mailing address supplied by the winner at the time of entry.
8. Winner Notification and Acceptance Requirements: Sponsor will contact each winner on or around September 6, 2019 by the email address account used by winner to enter, or, for entries received by mail, the mailing address. Sponsor is not liable for a winner's failure or inability to receive communications sent by Sponsor to the contact information provided. To receive the Prize, the winner must: (a) respond to Sponsor within three (3) business days of initial contact to confirm eligibility; and (b) sign and return an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, IRS Form W-9 (if requested), and liability and publicity release (together, "Winner Paperwork") to Sponsor within three (3) business days of Sponsor's delivery.
A winner may be disqualified for: failure to timely respond to Sponsor's notification, failure to timely complete and return the Winner Paperwork, failure to meet the Eligibility Requirements at the time of entry, failure to comply with the Official Rules, and/or failure to comply with applicable laws and regulations, each as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion. All winner privileges shall immediately terminate upon disqualification. If a winner is disqualified, Sponsor may select an alternative winner (up to a maximum of two alternates). No alternate winner will be drawn if a Prize is time-sensitive.
Normal time, toll, connection, and usage rates charged by your Internet Service Provider may apply. Winner(s) are responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes on the value of the Prize. Winner(s) may receive from IRS form 1099-MISC at the end of the calendar year, a copy of which form will also be filed with the Internal Revenue Service.
Unless prohibited by applicable law, winner's acceptance of a Prize constitutes winner's irrevocable permission for Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Partner to use winner's name, address, biographical information, likeness, and testimonial for advertising or publicity purposes regarding the Sweepstakes, on a worldwide basis and in all forms of media known or unknown, without further compensation.
9. General Terms: Sponsor may disqualify any individual or void any entry if the entrant corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. This includes, for example, the use of computer 'script,' 'macro,' or 'brute force,' masking identities by manipulating IP addresses, or using any automated means to enter the Sweepstakes.
Sponsor may disqualify any individual or void any entry if the entrant uses a username or email address that belongs to or is already being used by another person, whether actual or fictitious, that may be interpreted as impersonating another person, or violating the rights of any person.
Incomplete, illegal, misdirected, untimely, or invalid entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending is not proof of delivery. Releasees (defined below) take no responsibility for delayed, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, misdirected, damaged, or lost entries due to technical reasons or otherwise.
If the Sweepstakes cannot be run or be administered as planned, for reasons outside of Sponsor's control, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) by posting a notice on the Sweepstakes entry page. Sponsor further reserves the right to modify, cancel, or suspend the Sweepstakes if Sponsor believes doing so is necessary to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes or fairness to entrants.
Sponsor will not be liable for a delay or failure to perform its obligations if caused by an act, omission, event, or circumstance beyond Sponsor's reasonable control.
This Sweepstakes is governed by California law. By entering, you irrevocably consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in San Francisco, California for any dispute arising from or relating to this Sweepstakes; provided that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the intellectual property of Sponsor or Quicken Loans®, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California and in the event of any dispute, all entrants irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Los Angeles, California to resolve such disputes.
Risks; Warranties; Release of Claims: Your participation in the Sweepstakes is at your own risk. Releasees (defined below) do not make, and hereby disclaim, all implied warranties of any kind relating to the Prize, including warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability, and noninfringement, or any representations regarding the function or operation of the Prize.
By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold Sponsor, Sweepstakes Partner, and each of their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors, (collectively, the "Releasees") harmless from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage directly or indirectly relating to (i) the provision, hosting, sponsorship, administration, suspension, or cancellation of the Sweepstakes, (ii) a person's ability or inability to enter or participate in the Sweepstakes, including those arising from technical failures, third-party telecommunication outages, or other force majeure events, (iii) any determination of disqualification or other decision made by Sponsor in its sole discretion, (iv) your ability to win, claim, or use a Prize, or to otherwise participate in any activity relating to the Sweepstakes, (v) the Prize itself, or your use or misuse of a Prize, and/or (vi) electronic or human error, or events arising from the simple negligence of one or more Releasees.
Without limiting the foregoing, by entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to fully and completely release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless Michelin North America, Inc. from and against any and all alleged or actual claims, costs, damages, injury, and liability, damage to property or otherwise as a result of or arising out your entry, participation in or use of the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes activities, acceptance, delivery, possession or use or misuse of the Prize, participation in any Prize-related activities, or any elements thereof.
You further agree to expressly and forever waive all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California ("Section 1542") (or any similar law applicable to your jurisdiction) which reads: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER, WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.
You acknowledge that you have had an opportunity to review these Official Rules, and Sponsor's and Sweepstakes Partner's privacy policies, and understand them. You acknowledge and agree that this is a complete RELEASE and DISCHARGE of all claims and rights against the Releasees, and that this release will be binding upon an entrant's and winner's heirs, executors, and administrators, and anyone claiming by or through an entrant or winner.
11. Third Party Platforms: If this Sweepstakes is hosted, administered, or operated on a third party platform, including without limitation social media platforms (e.g. Facebook or Instagram) (the "Third Party Platform"), then by participating in this Sweepstakes, you hereby release and hold harmless such Third Party Platform from all claims, responsibility, and liability relating to the Sweepstakes. Unless otherwise stated in these Official Rules, this Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, any Third Party Platform.
12. Winner Publication: The first name, last name, and state of residency for confirmed winner(s) will be available upon written request to the Sponsor at the address below, for two (2) years following the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
Sponsor: POPSUGAR Inc., 111 Sutter Street, 16th Floor San Francisco, California 94104.
Sweepstakes Partner: Michelin North America, Inc., One Parkway South, Greenville, South Carolina 29615.